VPN Server Setup in Windows Server 2012
Simple walkthrough of the steps you need in order to accomplish this are as follows:
- Open Server Manager > Add roles and features > Next > Choose (default) role based or feature based > Next
- Select the server you would like to install VPN services to > Next
- Select Remote Access Role > Add features > Next > Next > Next
- Choose (Default) DirectAccess and VPN (RAS) > Next > Next > Next > Install > Close
- In Server Manager select Remote Access > Select more on the right of the configuration notice or select from you pending tasks
- Select open getting started wizard if you choose the first method.
- Select Deploy VPN Only
- Once the Routing and Remote Access MMC is up right click the Server and choose "Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access". > Next
- Select Custom > Next > VPN Access > Finish > OK > Start Service
- right click server and choose properties
- Select IPV4 tab to configure IP Pool or leave it Dynamic
- From Computer management or Active directory you will need to create a group or modify each user you would like to have access to the VPN
- right click user > properties > dial-in tab > allow access > apply > ok
You should also properly setup you VPN security if you have any critical data being transmitted via this network. For assistance with this you can contact a professional IT company like Area51.mn to assist you with proper setup and network security.