HTTP Error 401.3 Unauthorized
You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption settings for this resource on the Web server.
Simple to fix,
- Open IIS
- Select the main web tree or spacific website if its only one
- select authentication, then click edit on the right
- change it from spacific user to app pool identity
HTTP Error 505.19 Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Simple to fix,
To understand what a Revenue Marketer is you must first understand Revenue Marketing.
Revenue Marketing is the combination of marketing in conjunction with lead generation, sales data and churn to provide a more optimized conversion and retention process for lead generation with constant marketing optimizations facilitated by dynamic content lead data. An efficient revenue marketing system will take into consideration lead and sales data on the fly in real-time in order to optimize the current marketing tactics.
An example of this for online show would be as follows:
- Viewer is watching a show and is shown a short video about a new car
- The viewer then clicks on the ad and clicks on a page about performance
- After looking through the car performance info the viewer goes back to watching the show
- During the next ad sequence the viewer is shown a more detailed video about performance based on the page they looked at on the first ad sequence, the linked page has a video related to the cars performance and more details about car performance vs. competitors.
- The viewer then calls the custom 800 number on the page and gives his information in order to make a purchase or find a local dealer. This data is retained and provided to the marketing department in order to optimize future lead generation patterns.
In some cases Revenue Marketing continues past the initial sale and into customer retention.
Marketing after the sale
In many businesses it is necessary to continue marketing to customers for additional services, for cars this might be accessories, oil changes, regular maintenance and more. If the marketing tactics used while communicating with these clients and the outcome of it are shared with the marketing team they can optimize their marketing based on what works and does not work.
In other words "Revenue Marketing" is a catch phrase or buzz word for "dynamic marketing strategies" which have been around for decades and in use by many large companies and business owners worldwide.
If you're still wondering what a self proclaimed "Revenue Marketer" is, they are in essence someone who "may" and should use lead, sales and retention data to optimize marketing campaigns. They also prefer to identify themselves with a buzz word for this very old but effective marketing strategy. Be cautious when working with a marketing professional that identifies themselves as a "Revenue Marketer" as they may lack overall marketing experience.
NOTICE!! BACKUP DATABASE FILES BEFORE DOING THIS, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I don't want anyone sending me hate mail because this did not work, however it does work (most of the time).
If you are getting these errors:
- cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space
- the log cannot be rebuilt because there were open transactions/users when the database was shutdown
- unable to open the physical file
- the system cannot find the file specified
- error 5120
- huge ldf file, restore from backup hangs at 100%
- HDD IO maxed out on ldf file during restore from .bak file
- how to restore just the mdf
If your getting errors like the above and have tried all other solutions, you can try the following. Be sure to make a backup of your .mdf / .bak file.
In my case I had a database that for some reason created a 600GB ldf file and corrupted itself. While attempting to restore from a backup it would say 100% completed but would continue to run for hours/days. If I stopped the process it would kill the database and not allow me to use it. Here is what needs to be done:
First restore from your .bak file if you have one.
DATABASE [dbname] FROMDISK=N'DRIVE:\BACKUPDIR\BACKUPFILE.bak'WITHFILE= 1,NOUNLOAD,REPLACE,STATS=10
in most cases this will fix your database, IF this backup hangs at 100% for too long you can do the following:
now using the resource monitor verify that the mdf file is done writing (VERY IMPORTANT) select disk sort by file, check to see that the disk is only read/write to the .ldf file and not the .mdf file. Once the system has stopped writing to the .mdf file do the following.
- stop mssql service
- go into the DATA folder and rename the dbname.mdf file to dbname.mdfx
- start the mssql service
- delete the database (IMPORTANT, UNCHECK option to delete backups)
- create new database with the same name and give proper user owner access
- stop the mssql service
- delete the dbname.mdf & dbname.ldf files
- rename the dbname.mdfx to dbname.mdf
- start the mssql service and wait a minute for the service to fully start before issuing the following command:
ALTER DATABASE dbname SETEMERGENCY;
ALTER DATABASE dbname SET single_userWITHROLLBACKIMMEDIATE;
This issue now has a hotfix however, if you don't want to take a performance hit that this hotfix causes then you can simply do the following to solve the problem with pdf files and IIS 7.5
- Open "IIS Manager" on your server
- Select your service instace
- Select "MIME Types" under IIS
- Select ".pdf" then click "edit"
- Chenge the MIME type from "application/pdf" to "application/octet-stream"
This will cause the web server to treat the file as a download instead of a pdf application. From IE8 pdf files will open as normal, in firefox it will first download the file in full then open it.